Export Australian steel & aluminium supplies
BlueScope Distribution’s export business is dedicated to servicing our overseas customers with Australian quality steel and aluminium products. Strategically based in Brisbane, Australia, BlueScope Distribution’s export team is in close proximity to the Port of Brisbane, Brisbane International Airport and logistic hub for the transportation of goods across Australia and overseas via ship, air, road and rail. Accessibility to the Port of Brisbane provides access to major port facilities for both break bulk and unitised shipments and is fully supported by BlueScope Distribution’s Australian national network of warehousing facilities. These warehouses are designed to process, store, receive and despatch steel and aluminium products with maximum efficiency.
Our export personnel understand the unique demands and requirements that come with exporting goods and services internationally. The BlueScope Distribution team can coordinate exporting steel products and aluminium to destinations around the world, specialising in forward purchasing agreements, vendor managed stock arrangements and major project supply contracts. The team also specialise in supplying to the mining, heavy engineering, transport (both heavy and light) and the piping industry. BlueScope Distribution’s experience has enabled us to develop a vast network of approved suppliers outside of BlueScope’s national distribution network of steel products, to accommodate the specific demands of our international customers. This mitigates supply risk ensuring greater continuity.BlueScope Distribution’s services support customers in New Caledonia, New Zealand, Vanuatu, Fiji, Solomon Islands, Papua New Guinea, Indonesia, Nauru, The Philippines, Taiwan, Vietnam, Malaysia, South Korea, Thailand, Burma, Sri Lanka, Singapore, India, Timor-Leste and China. Our BlueScope Distribution sales team will help you evaluate the types of steel and aluminium requirements needed to meet customer expectations. Our team will assist you in identifying:
- industry specific product requirements
- product sizes and pack sizes
- quality and standards required (nomenclature and specifications)
- steel coating options for different products and grades
International trading is a very personalised business, and the steel export unit is staffed by people who have over 30 years’ of experience in not only the supply of steel and metal products for export, but also in the awareness of the unique demands of export and international markets. From the specialised packing requirements to the overall supply of package, the team strives to offer our overseas customers benchmark products and services.Our team provides the highest levels of customer service where quick changes are required to meet our customer needs. Changes including rescheduling and updating of delivery details and associated documents. BlueScope Distribution are steel suppliers who the ability to work with our customers and the BlueScope steel supplier to engineer and develop custom steel grades outside of our standard products.We can offer a number of third-party certification options as well as non- standard test requirements. BlueScope Distribution provides a range of high quality, convenient processing options. We can facilitate a number of steel processing services.
BlueScope Distribution supplies a wide range of mild steels, including steel plate such as XLERPLATE®, high tensile and quench and tempered steel plate, merchant bar, tube, structural steel sections, pipes, valves and fittings including Victaulic®, sheet and coil products, including pre-painted steel products such as COLORBOND® steel, and metallic coated steel products such as ZINCALUME® steel, welded beams and columns, aluminium plate, aluminium sheet, aluminium coil and aluminium extrusion, structural products, universal beams, universal columns, steel channel, steel angle, pipe and tubular products – painted and galvanised, rectangular hollow section, commercial pipe and precision tube.
Our group resources give us a wide diversity of steel and aluminium products. Our effective inventory management programs combined with our export logistics experience is critical to providing our customers with products as and how they need them.
Our product range
Brands we stock:
- XLERPLATE® steel
- TRU-SPEC® steel
- COLORBOND® steel
- GALVABOND® steel
- ZINCALUME® steel
- TRUECORE® steel
Our product range
- Steel Plate Products
- Welded Beams and Columns
- Aluminium Plate, Aluminium Sheet, Aluminium Coil and Aluminium Extrusion
- Steel Sheet & Coil
- Structural Steel Products
- Universal Beams, Universal Columns
- Steel Channel
- Steel Angle
- Steel Pipe and Tubular products- Painted and Galvanised
- Steel Pipe Fittings and Flanges
- Rectangular and Square Section
- Commercial Pipe
- Building Products and Components
We provide feed coils:
- Roof and ceiling battens
- Stud and noggin sections
- Cleats and internal structural members
- Air ducting
- Cable trays
- Rainwater goods
- Steel house framing
- Roof and wall cladding
At BlueScope Distribution, we work closely with our customers and provide personalised service. We work closely with businesses to become a valuable resource for your team, providing technical resources and project management. We work to be your steel and aluminium supply partner and it’s vital to us to provide the right service to ensure your project is completed on time, and on budget.
As part of the BlueScope group of companies, BlueScope Distribution’s export team can source and supply speciality steel plate grades by working in partnership with the BlueScope steel plate mill (subject to rolling capacities and minimum order quantities). Through our technical resources, we can compare and match your specified grade steel to our standard Australian Steel plate grades, or, if the exact specifications can be achieved, investigate options for rolling material specifically for your needs. Our export team provide excellence in value-added steel distribution, project management, estimating and steel processing services. With access to quality products made by BlueScope and backed by technical support services that are unmatched in Australia. Our customers are our partners, our strength lies in working closely with them to create value and trust, together with superior products, service and ideas. We encourage close alliances with customers so that major projects, large manufacturing undertakings, and programmed maintenance requirements can all benefit to the maximum from the synergies developed between our customers and ourselves. Part of our service charter is to satisfy our customer’s needs and provide a central purchasing point for all steel products. As part of our project management offering, our Australian steel and aluminium export team can arrange a number of steel processing services, including:
- Profiling, Computer Numerical Controlled (CNC)
- Router Cutting for Aluminium, CNC
- Coping and Notching
- Roll and Cut Grooving
- Coil Plate Processing
- Laser Cutting
- Scheduling & estimating services
Get in touch with our export team today for more information.
To deliver on our commitment to our customers, BlueScope Distribution provides personalised account management and the highest quality steel supply services. BlueScope Distribution can investigate providing test certificates for material traceability and compliance with applicable Australian Standards. We hold ISO 9001 Quality Management System Accreditation and our business is a quality-accredited organisation, which prides itself on focusing on customer satisfaction. Measurements such as Delivery-In-Full On-Time and Order Accuracy are an integral part of our management systems and are measured throughout the business.
Core competencies and capabilities
- Centralised supply option covering a diverse range of products
- Processing facilities to tailor products to the customer’s requirements
- Vast approved supplier network with established relationships
- A global network of BlueScope manufacturers, allowing the business to mitigate supply risk by overcoming trade restrictions and shipping delays
- Over 30 years of export experience to customers in mining and other sectors
- Extensive experience in forward purchasing agreements
- Flexibility – we can tailor our processing and access a global distribution network to accommodate the customer’s requirements
- Inventory management programs
- Customers have access to steel products and processing services from any of our locations in Australia
- Our system provides more sophisticated sales order tracking and stock management tools for improved visibility and order tracking, which enhances our customer service capability
- Our team will work with you to establish stock replenishment levels to ensure you never run out of material
- Adherence to quality management systems
- Adherence to corporate governance and compliance
BlueScope Distribution export industries
Our BlueScope Distribution export team supplies steel to businesses throughout the world, servicing many industries and segments including the mining industry, oil and gas industry, heavy engineering industry, transport industry (both heavy and light), and the piping industry.
- Building: Access to trusted sheet and coil steel products is important for building projects. BlueScope Distribution Export distributes BlueScope manufactured COLORBOND® steel, ZINCALUME® steel, and XLERPLATE® steel, produced to relevant Australian Standards. Our team distribute steel plate products XLERPLATE® steel & TRU-SPEC® steel, Welded Beams and Columns, Aluminium Plate, Aluminium Sheet, Aluminium Coil and Aluminium Extrusion, Steel Sheet & Coil, Structural Steel Products, Universal Beams, Universal Columns, Steel Channel, Steel Angle, Steel Pipe and Tubular products – Painted and Galvanised, Rectangular Hollow Section, Commercial Pipe and Precision Tube.
- Construction: At BlueScope Distribution Export, we understand construction companies require access to a wide range of steel and aluminium products so that they can effectively meet customer needs. Supplying a range of steel products for the construction segment, including steel plate, universal beams, universal columns, steel channels, tube steel, steel bar, merchant bar, structural steel and reinforcing steel products. We can supply steel urgently where needed and can also project manage future supply for large building and infrastructure projects to deliver specified products on time.
- Engineering: We know that our engineering customers require steel with highest product quality, tolerances, and a consistency of supply. We work with our customer’s production and processing lines to uncover potential cost and time savings, identify bottlenecks, and make incremental changes that may translate into profit enhancements for your engineering company.
- Manufacturing: BlueScope Distribution is the steel and aluminium supply specialist for manufacturing customers that deal in component work, general engineering, duct work, steel furniture, machinery, sheet metal work and electric components to name a few. We work closely with our manufacturing customers to deliver on their needs and identify opportunities where we can provide steel processing and deliver steel products how and when you need them.
- Transport: BlueScope Distribution has experience with many customers in transport, including truck body manufacturers, bus builders, defence and automotive components, as well as marine pre-cut vessels. We work in partnership with our transport and automotive clients to confirm correct delivery of products to not interrupt production processes and improve efficiency.
- Mining, oil and gas: Our teams have worked with mining, oil and gas customers for over 30 years, and we know that companies in these segments often face substantial time and cost pressures. BlueScope Distribution assigns an account manager to each of our customers to provide a single contact point for their aluminium and steel supplies. We aim to become an invaluable source for technical information, project management, and a key supply partner to deliver your project on time, and budget.
Our mining value proposition:
- Seamless Management of Purchasing Process: B2B purchasing systems enabling accurate pricing and documentation.
- Proactive Supplier Communication & Engagement: Proactive engagement from skilled BlueScope Distribution account managers to build and manage relationships at all levels and locations of your business.
- Specific Continuous Improvement Initiatives: BlueScope Distribution provides specific cost reduction and value creation initiatives utilising our Steel Efficiency Review® program.
- Effective KPI & Contract Management: BlueScope Distribution proactively manages clear joint KPIs, prepares necessary supporting data, structured meetings, reviews outcomes & takes effective corrective actions where needed. Issues are resolved promptly with effective resolution processes.