Our customers in manufacturing need easy access to material to keep their workflows running smoothly and reduce bottlenecks. Many of our manufacturing customers produce products such as duct work, steel furniture and components, using repetitive processes that require material to move through their workshops at a steady pace.
Our BlueScope Distribution teams are experienced when it comes to supplying steel and aluminium to our manufacturing customers, in the form they need to optimise their machinery. Servicing Australian businesses with quality products, processing and solutions, our teams can coordinate the supply and processing of steel and aluminium products to meet manufacturing customer requirements. We can also provide technical product support for the material we source and supply, as well as certification and material traceability. Many of our customers include businesses who:
- Manufacture products such as ducting, washers and stamps, automotive parts, steel furniture and cabinetry, switchboards, lighting products, building products, and many, many more.
We can supply a full suite of steel and aluminium products and investigate options with the BlueScope mill to produce steel grades outside our standard range. We can offer several third-party certification options, as well as non-standard test requirements. Backed by our commitment to quality, we help reduce compliance risk through our ISO 9001 quality management system accreditation – providing assurance for your business.
With BlueScope Distribution, you have access to a wide range of steel and aluminium products. These include products manufactured by BlueScope, GALVABOND® steel, ZINCALUME® steel, and COLORBOND® steel, as well as steel plate products XLERPLATE® steel, TRU-SPEC® steel and REDCOR® steel. We also supply structural steels such as welded beams, columns, RHS steel, SHS steel and tube. To complement our steel range our teams can also offer a full range of sheet, coil, plate and extruded aluminium products.
Our BlueScope Distribution teams work closely with our supply network to provide an optimised supply chain solution for our customers. We work closely with our customers to understand their project timelines, enabling us to best manage the end to end supply chain.
Delivering your products in the form you need them is just part of the value our BlueScope Distribution teams deliver. We can process steel plate and aluminium with our in-house capability, and provide one easy point of contact for your end-to-end supply chain solution.
It’s this combined capability that makes us a single source product, processing and solutions provider. Through our national network, no project is too big, too remote or too complex. Our team are experienced with coordinating multiple processing and delivery needs for our customers projects. Our range of value-add processing services include slitting, shearing, cutting, drilling, bevelling, blasting, priming and router cutting.
At BlueScope Distribution, we work with our manufacturing customers to understand their needs and to establish a mutually beneficial relationship based on open communication and expectations. Product quality, product tolerances, and reliability of supply are the foundations of these relationships. We aim to understand our customers’ needs to identify opportunities where we can process and deliver steel products to create a competitive advantage for your business.
Our teams can also assist customers with a range of added solutions which further support our customers to find the freedom to do what they do best. These solutions include:
- Consignment stock
- End to end supply chain management
- Strategic sourcing
- Single source steel and aluminium supply
- Steel efficiency reviews
Our manufacturing customers can enjoy the following key product and service offerings:
- Quality accredited steel products – Our ISO 9001 quality management system provides assurance. We understand the importance of material traceability and can provide test certificates to match all our steel and aluminium products, providing peace of mind and consistent high quality.
- Semi-finished products and parts – We work with our manufacturing customers to provide confidence in our processed products and parts. This in turn allows our customers to free up warehouse space and utilise their workforce in adding value down the line.
- Supply chain management – Managing multiple jobs and projects can be complex, as well as time and resource consuming, requiring specific skill-sets and experience. BlueScope Distribution provides expertise in stock management, supply chain efficiency and inventory optimisation program.
- Manufacturing support – We partner with your business to ensure a long-lasting relationship built on trust. Reducing the risk of costly delays, BlueScope Distribution understands your manufacturing requirements and provides local support and supply.
Our key differentiators
- Australian made steel products backed by the technical expertise of the BlueScope steel mill.
- A comprehensive range of steel and aluminium products with the ability to investigate new grades and non-standard products. We can also source products internationally if required.
- Experience with large projects; scoping materials, arranging processing, managing project timelines and delivery, with a single point of contact to streamline supply.
- Semi-finished and cut parts, fit-for-purpose and delivered just in time to manage inventory and space.
- Traceability of materials and the ability to label parts as required.
- Strong safety and continuous improvement culture.
- CRM systems to effectively manage interactions and ease-of-business.