Mining, oil & gas
Customers in the Mining, Oil and Gas industries are often under significant time and cost pressures. Our BlueScope Distribution teams are experienced when it comes to supplying steel and aluminium to mining projects around Australia. We understand projects need to meet important deadlines, and we work hard to reduce the pressures on contract managers by providing a single point of contact and a one-stop-shop scenario for steel and aluminium supply.
At BlueScope Distribution, we believe our people are one of our key strengths, and we understand it is paramount for our customers to have close working relationships with our teams. This way, we can be more than a steel supplier, we can become a resource for technical information, project coordination, and a supply partner, to ensure the project is completed on time, to budget. Meeting project milestones, technical product support, certification and material traceability are just some of the ways our teams can deliver value. Servicing Australian mining, oil and gas businesses with quality products, processing and solutions, our teams can coordinate the supply and processing of steel and aluminium products to meet mining project timelines. Many of our customers include businesses who:
- Manufacture products from the steel and aluminium supplied by us. Their manufactured products then go into building new mines around the country.
- Engineer and fabricate products that are used to deliver improvements and expansions on new and old mining sites.
- Provide maintenance services to keep Australian mine sites running smoothly
As part of the BlueScope group of companies, we can supply a full suite of steel and aluminium products and investigate options with the BlueScope mill to produce steel grades outside the standard range. We can offer several third-party certification options as well as non-standard test requirements. Backed by our commitment to quality, we help reduce compliance risk through our ISO 9001 quality management system accreditation.
Your mining, oil and gas project requirements can be met with BlueScope Distribution. With our team, you have access to a wide range of steel and aluminium products. These include products manufactured by BlueScope, such as steel plate products XLERPLATE® steel and TRU-SPEC® steel, as well as welded beams.
We also supply columns, RHS and tube, and a range of pipes, valves and fittings. To complement our steel range our teams also offer a full range of sheet, coil, plate and extruded aluminium products. We provide an optimised supply chain solution for our customers, working closely together to understand their project timelines.
Delivering your products in the form you need them is just part of the value our BlueScope Distribution teams deliver. We can process steel plate and aluminium, with our in-house capability, and provide one easy point of contact for your end-to-end supply chain solution.
It’s this combined capability that makes us a single source product, processing and solutions provider. Through our national network, no project is too big, too remote or too complex. Our team are experienced with coordinating multiple processing and delivery needs for our customers projects. Our range of value-add processing services include cutting, drilling, bevelling, blasting, priming and router cutting. See our processing page for more details.
At BlueScope Distribution, we work to be a supply partner for our customers, providing surety and ease of business. Our teams are knowledgeable and experienced, and can access a range of technical support services to help you get your project finished.
Our team are especially skilled in easing the challenges of managing minimum order quantity requirements that come with dealing mill-direct, removing complexity from your supply–chain. Our teams can also assist customers with a range of added solutions that further support our customers to find the freedom to do what they do best. These solutions include:
- Consignment stock
- End to end supply chain management
- Strategic sourcing
- Single source steel and aluminium supply
- Steel efficiency reviews
Our mining customers can access the following key product and service offerings from their local BlueScope Distribution team:
- Quality Accredited Steel Products – Our ISO 9001 quality management system provides assurance. We understand the importance of material traceability and can provide test certificates to match our steel and aluminium products, providing peace of mind and consistent high quality.
- Processed Products and Parts – We work with our mining customers to provide confidence in our processed products and parts. This in turn allows our customers to free up warehouse space and utilise their workforce in adding value down the line.
- Supply Chain Management – Managing multiple jobs and projects can be complex, as well as time and resource consuming, requiring specific skill-sets and experience. BlueScope Distribution provides expertise in stock management, supply chain efficiency and inventory optimisation programs. This allows your business to reduce working capital with the peace of mind of stock availability.
- Leverage Brand Awareness – We partner with your business to ensure a long-lasting relationship built on trust. Leveraging our brands, BlueScope Distribution will support your business to grow. We work with you to further promote your products and services into new and existing markets.