Providing end to end solutions to the defence industry
BlueScope Distribution is a recognised steel and aluminium distributor, servicing Australian businesses with quality products, processing and solutions.
Our teams are experienced in coordinating the supply and processing of steel and aluminium products to project timelines, and we understand this is crucial to delivering for our defence customers. Meeting project milestones, technical product support, certification and material traceability are all key to how our teams can deliver value for defence projects. Our sales teams work with customers who support the delivery of defence projects. Many of our customers include businesses who:
- Manufacture products themselves using steel and aluminium supplied by us. Their locally manufactured components form part of overall defence project requirements.
- Fabricate material and products that are used to deliver some of Australia’s largest defence projects.
Our team has extensive experience in large-scale projects. We understand having continuity of supply and a complete range of steel and aluminium products is important to our customers. Our teams also understand how important it is for us to provide customers with continuous communication from design to project completion. As part of the BlueScope group of companies, we can supply a full suite of steel and aluminium products and investigate options with the BlueScope mill to produce specially designed steel grades outside our standard range. We can offer several third-party certification options as well as non-standard test requirements. Backed by our commitment to quality, we help reduce compliance risk through our ISO 9001 quality management system accreditation – providing assurance for your business.
Our product range covers many options for defence projects including quality steel plate products XLERPLATE® steel and TRU-SPEC® steel manufactured by BlueScope. As well as quenched and tempered steel plate made by Bisalloy Steels. To complement our steel range our teams can also offer a full range of sheet, coil, plate and extruded aluminium products.
Our BlueScope Distribution teams work closely with the BlueScope and Bisalloy Steel mills to provide an optimised supply chain solution. Our teams work with our customers to understand their manufacturing forecasts or project related timelines, enabling us to best manage the end to end supply chain. See our product page for more details.
It’s this combined capability that makes us a single source product, processing and solutions provider. Through our national network, no project is too big, too remote or too complex. Our team are experienced with coordinating multiple products, processing and delivery requirements across extensive project timelines. We can supply your steel and aluminium with a range of value-add processing services, such as cutting, drilling, bevelling, blasting, priming and router cutting. See our processing page for more details
By partnering with BlueScope Distribution, our customers can find the freedom to do what they do best while allowing us to support them with expertise in product supply, processing co-ordination and project management, and technical know-how. Our team are especially experienced in alleviating the challenges of managing minimum order quantity requirements that come with dealing mill-direct and by removing complexities from typical steel and aluminium supply chains.
Our teams can also assist customers with a range of added solutions which further support our customers to find the freedom to do what they do best. These solutions include:
- Consignment stock
- End to end supply chain management
- Strategic sourcing
- Single source steel and aluminium supply
- Project management of product sourcing, material processing and just in time deliveries
- Steel efficiency reviews
Our key differentiators
- Australian made steel products, backed by the technical expertise of the BlueScope steel mill.
- A comprehensive range of steel and aluminium products with the ability to investigate new grades and non-standard products. We can also source products internationally if required.
- Experience with large projects; scoping materials, arranging processing, managing project timelines and delivery, all with a single point of contact to streamline supply.
- Semi-finished and cut parts, fit-for-purpose and delivered just in time to manage inventory and space.
- Traceability of materials and the ability to label parts as required.
- Strong safety and continuous improvement culture.
- CRM systems to effectively manage interactions and ease-of-business.
Request a callback