Sheet Metal Suppliers
At BlueScope Distribution, we pride ourselves on being a highly efficient and reliable sheet metal supplier, servicing businesses across Australia. We offer an extensive range of sheet steel and coil products, offering additional processes and solutions to the companies we partner with.
As your sheet metal suppliers, we are committed to providing you with a comprehensive and diversified product offering of the highest quality backed by exceptional customer service and a range of value-add services.
BlueScope Distribution is committed to being a quality-driven Australian sheet metal supplier who provides products to customers across a variety of industries nationally. Our teams are experienced in working with both sheet steel and coil products. With our processing capability, our teams take large coils of steel from the BlueScope mill and slit, recoil or shear them to sizes to suit your manufacturing needs.
National sheet metal suppliers
BlueScope Distribution is a market leading sheet metal supplier, providing a range of sheet steel products to businesses across Australia. Our product suite comprises a wide range of steel sheet including prepainted steel, metallic coated steel, hot rolled steel, and cold rolled steel. Our expert team can determine the best steel sheet options to suit your application or business requirements.
Our BlueScope Distribution team ensures customers are assisted and have full knowledge of and access to the wide range of sheet steel products.
Prepainted steel suppliers
Prepainted steel products made by BlueScope, include:
- COLORBOND® steel: Our teams from BlueScope Distribution can supply our customers with COLORBOND® steel sheet and coil products, typically used to manufacture roofing, fencing and walling products.
- Drumstock®: This prepainted steel item is prepared to be used in the manufacturing of steel drums. In addition to storing chemicals, Drumstock® is designed to transport and store fruit pulp products, dairy products, and detergents. Drumstock® provides good formability, with a chemically resistant liner as well as weather resistant drum on its outer coating.
- Exterior hot water products: This prepainted steel item is made for hot water system wrappers manufacturing.
- Exterior manufactured articles: The prepainted steel is designed to help enhance the durability and formability of outdoor products such as heat exchangers, air-conditioning panels, and garden sheds.
- General manufactured articles: This prepainted steel product is designed for use in the manufacture of interior products.
- Interior furniture & shelving: This prepainted steel product is prepared to be applied in the manufacturing process of products such as furniture, shelving products and office equipment.
- Primer only material: This prepainted steel product is supplied to manufacturing customers with a primer only painted surface, allowing the product surface to be ready to paint. The product has good adhesion and formability to post-painted top-coats. Common uses include but are not limited to the manufacture of drum lids and bodies, appliance components, door and window screens.
- Sign writing panels: This prepainted steel product was especially designed to suit the needs of sign writing customers. Our product is known for its durability, resistance to marking and comes with a high gloss.
- Superior gloss articles: This prepainted steel product is designed to deliver a high gloss surface that is resistant to marks and is typically used for, but is not limited to, the manufacturing process of products such as cabinets in laundries, light fittings and commercial refrigeration shells.
Metallic coated steel suppliers
Our BlueScope Distribution team is experienced in assisting customers in accessing the wide range of metallic coated steel products by BlueScope. Our metallic coated steel products have a coating applied to protect the steel product from oxidising. This is through the coatings isolating the surface from the atmosphere and improving the steel’s performance.
With BlueScope Distribution, your business has access to a wide range of pre-painted and metallic coated steel products in sheet and coil form, including branded products:
- COLORBOND® steel
- GALVABOND® steel
- GALVASPAN® steel
- TRUECORE® steel
- DECKFORM® steel
- ZINC HI-TEN® steel
- ZINCFORM® steel
- ZINCALUME® steel
Cold rolled steel suppliers
Our cold rolled steel products are often used by clients to manufacture a wide range of products such as automotive parts, washers and bushes, structural applications and guard rails. we are experienced in assisting our customers in accessing a range of cold rolled steel products made by BlueScope.
BlueScope manufacture cold rolled products in the following categories:
Grade options include:
- CA1010H-E steel: Application examples: bearings, hardened washers and bushes
- CA2S-E steel: Application examples: office furniture, shelving
- CA3SN-G steel: Application examples: unexposed drawn parts for automotive and appliance end uses
- CA85T-G steel: Application examples: flat blanking seals, washers, brackets, and hinges
- DRUMSTOCK® steel: Cold-rolled, skin-passed steel produced specifically for the container market drum and pail bodies and ends
- CA250T-G steel: Application examples: general fabrication and welding Guard rails, structural sections
- CM350-G® steel: Application examples: automotive components, seat parts, tubing
- CU200T-G steel: Application examples: general fabrication and welding Tubing, general pressing
- CV2S1 steel: Application examples: stove liners, heaters
Hot rolled steel suppliers
At BlueScope Distribution, our teams are experienced in assisting customers access a range of our hot rolled steel products, including hot rolled sheet, hot rolled coil, hot rolled plate, structural hot rolled steel, automotive hot rolled steel, hot rolled formable steel products, and pattern plate.
We provide hot rolled products in the following categories:
- Hot rolled formable steel products
- Hot rolled analysis grade products
- Hot rolled structural products
Hot rolled strip AS/NZS 1594 – HA1
Our hot-rolled commercial forming product are designed for simple forming welding and bending operations
Hot rolled strip AS/NZS 1594 – HA3
Hot-rolled formable steel suitable when pickled for medium drawing and heavy pressing applications.
- General manufactured components
- Automotive components
Hot rolled strip AS/NZS 1594 – XF400
Our hot-rolled extra formable structural steel are designed for severe bending and forming
Typical applications include
- Automotive components
- Roll forming applications
- Brake press forming applications
- General fabrications
Hot rolled structural products
Hot-rolled structural products with a minimum yield strength, good weldability and good ductility. These products are traditionally used by our customers in:
- structural sections
- light poles
- gas cylinders
- roll forming applications
- brake press forming applications
- general fabrications
The following grades are available through our BlueScope Distribution teams:
- Hot rolled strip AS/NZS 1594 – HA200
- Hot rolled strip AS/NZS 1594 – HA250
- Hot rolled strip AS/NZS 1594 – HA250 Floor plate
- Hot rolled strip AS/NZS 1594 – HA350
- Hot rolled strip AS/NZS 1594 – HA300
- REDCOR® weathering steel HW350A
Hot rolled analysis grade products
At BlueScope Distribution, our hot rolled carbon steel with guaranteed chemical compositions. We produce our products in a range of thicknesses and widths, and are typically used in:
- hot water systems (including vitreous enamelled)
- cylinders including gas with good weldability
- galvanising applications.
Sheet metal supplier processing capabilities
At BlueScope Distribution, our teams are experienced in working with and processing steel and aluminium coil products. With our processing capability, our teams use in-house equipment to provide steel sheet that meets customer requirements and suits their manufacturing needs.
Slitting and recoiling for coils
Recoiling is the process of rewinding large coils into smaller coils for them to meet a desired weight. Slitting and recoiling is when a steel coil is fed through the slitter machine and cut into narrower strips, using multiple sharp blades and then rewound as a smaller coil for efficient storage, transportation and manufacturing purposes. Slit recoils are a popular material used across manufacturing applications, such as building products, HVAC, automotive components and more.
Shearing for sheets
Many of our customers utilise our sheet steel products in their manufacturing processes, such as turret punching or break press forming. Our shearing services enable our teams to cut steel coils into sheet steel and effectively rack in palletised packs for delivery, storage and utilisation on our customers’ machines. We maintain our stock with standard sheet sizes of popular products such as COLORBOND® steel, hot rolled and cold rolled sheet.
Your partner & sheet metal supplier
At BlueScope Distribution, we are committed to not only providing our clients with the highest quality steel but also adding value to them through our enhanced service offerings. Our branches across Australia offer an extensive range of services including project management, just-in-time delivery and B2B integration, among others.
- Project Management solutions: At BlueScope Distribution our teams possess the expertise in shearing and slitting large steel coils supplied from our mill to best suit your business needs. This is achieved through the use of our in-house processing capability.
- Just-in-time delivery: Our teams work closely with customers on projects to allow processes to run smoothly until completion. We coordinate the delivery of steel products where and when they are needed.
- Consignment Stock: We effectively use our size and reach to give customers the ability to have readily available steel at their disposal through our consignment stock options. This gives our customers confidence, knowing they will have their steel material at their disposal as required.
- Forecasting support: We work closely with our customers to identify purchasing trends in order to allow smooth manufacturing processes and reduce bottlenecks. This ensures our customers achieve waste reduction and optimal material flow.
- End-to-end supply chain: As your sheet metal suppliers, we work to deliver exceptional customer service and provide our customers with end-to-end steel project management solutions through the use of personalised supply chain coordination. Our teams will work closely with you, allowing your business to benefit from their expertise in coordinating material, managing production schedules and delivery to provide one seamless process to meet project dates.
- B2B integration: With B2B integration, BlueScope Distribution makes steel and aluminium transactions seamless through electronic placement of orders via digital streamlining of operations.
- Steel efficiency reviews®: At BlueScope Distribution we work with customers and provide them with improved time and more cost-efficient ways to conduct business.