Reinforcing steel from BlueScope Distribution
BlueScope Distribution can supply your business with reinforcing steel products, such as mesh and deformed bar. At BlueScope Distribution, we pride ourselves in providing premium quality steel products for Australian businesses. We offer our clients an integrated service model that allows them to meet all of their needs, including processing and operational support services, as well as reliable and timely supply of reinforcing steel and rebar.
We believe in providing solutions that allow our customers to complete their projects as efficiently as possible, meaning that we prioritise rapid supply and value-add services such as processing options that allow our customers to work more quickly and effectively. Further, our experienced team can understand your needs and help you meet them.
We can supply our customers high quality reinforcing steel products that meet the required product certification standards, and can be relied on to complete the job. This same emphasis on certainty extends to our supply chain and logistics, which operate as efficiently as possible so that our customers can be confident that with BlueScope Distribution their project will finish on time, and to a high standard.
National supplier of reinforcing steel
BlueScope Distribution can assist with sourcing products such as trench mesh, square mesh, and deformed bar. Our reinforcing steel range includes reinforcing bar products that can be supplied to suit the specific requirements of your project.
If your project requires reinforcing products, we can assist with sourcing products such as trench mesh, square mesh and deformed bar.
- Trench Mesh: Trench mesh is used for residential footing trenches and is made using a variety of longitudinal wires up to 12mm in diameter. Sheets are made in 6m lengths with widths varying depending on the number of longitudinal wires, which are spaced at 100mm centres, and crosswires spaced at 300mm centres.
- Square Mesh: Square mesh is general-purpose rebar for reinforcing flat concrete, used in floor slabs and walls. Mesh is made to order, which means our team can provide your products in different sizes to suit your needs. This variety of reinforcing steel is popular for use in slab flooring, walls, and driveways.
- Rectangular Mesh: With similar characteristics to square mesh, rectangular mesh fulfils a similar role, however, is typically used when more strength is required in one direction, such as long, narrow floor slabs or tall walls.
- Plain Round Bar: Commonly utilised to manufacture ligatures used to separate top and bottom layers of mesh in concrete slabs, or as dowel bars for joining concrete sections in pavement.
- Deformed Bar: Deformed bar is used where extra reinforcing is required to fabric sheets or trench mesh.
- Starter Bars: Starter bars are usually made to tie reinforced masonry or concrete walls to slabs or footings, as designed by the engineer. They can be cut and bent to shape from standard deformed reinforcing bar.
- Corner Bars: Corner bars are used to tie together two elements of a structure that are at right angles to each other, such as walls, slabs, or beams. They are most often cut and bent to shape from standard deformed reinforcing bar.
- Ligatures: Ligatures are used to separate top and bottom layers of trench mesh in residential slabs, or for fabricating beam or column cages.
- Swimming Pool Reinforcing Bar: Reinforcing bar for use in domestic, concrete swimming pools is easily cut and bent into shape on-site to speed up construction times. Swimming pool bar (specially formulated reinforcing bar) is particularly easy to work with and modify, allowing for total freedom of design.
Reinforcing accessories can be just as crucial to your job as reinforcing steel itself. BlueScope Distribution understands this and offers bar chairs, spacers, safety caps, jointing, lintels, polythene film, and whichever rebar accessories you need to complete your project.
- Spacers & Chairs: Spacers and chairs for concreting provide support for reinforcing mesh and bar.
- Slab-on-Ground Spacers: Plastic slab-on-ground spacers are suitable for supporting both reinforcing mesh and bar in slab-on-ground applications.
- Wire Chairs: The steel-wire spacer’s legs are protected with a film of plastic ultimately preventing the wire spacer from sinking into the ground. Plastic-tipped bar chairs can be used in suspended slabs, beams, vertical walls, and slab-on-ground applications.
- Concrete Block Spacers: Concrete block spacers feature a wide, flat base, which ensures no rolling or tilting. This product is suitable for the slab-on-ground application.
Reinforcing steel processing capabilities
Delivering your reinforcing steel products in the form you need them is a crucial part of the value that BlueScope Distribution delivers for your business. We can deliver your reinforcing steel to the specifications you require on-site at one of our many branches across Australia.
This means that wherever your business operates, your reinforcing steel can arrive at your project site ready to be used immediately, benefitting both your business, as well as your customers.
Whatever type of project you are working on, our team understands that your needs will be unique.
By offering these value-add services, our customers can benefit from increased efficiency across their business, as BlueScope Distribution is a single-source product, processing, and solutions provider. Through our national network, no project is too big, too remote, or too complex. Our team is experienced with coordinating multiple processing and delivery needs for our customers’ projects and is always ready to assist.
Your partner for reinforcing steel
With a network of branches Australia-wide, the BlueScope Distribution team provides ease of accessibility to premium reinforcing steel products and full supply chain solutions for a wide range of sectors and applications.
We work closely with our customers to manage product requirements and forecasting to ensure rebar material is available where, how, and when it is needed. This frees up our customers to concentrate on completing a wide range of projects with increased efficiency. Your local BlueScope Distribution team can assist with scheduling, forecasting, consignment options, product labelling and kitting options, nesting, and project management from start to finish.
Talk with us today to discuss how our operational solutions can help your business to realise faster lead times, higher project outcomes, more efficient allocation of resources, and ultimately improve outcomes across the board.