Our BlueScope Distribution teams are experienced when it comes to supplying steel and aluminium to infrastructure projects around Australia. Our teams are recognised for their coordination of large steel and aluminium projects, as well as processing services to match. Servicing Australian businesses with quality products, processing and solutions, our teams can coordinate the supply and processing of steel and aluminium products to meet infrastructure project timelines. Meeting project milestones, technical product support, certification and material traceability are just some of the ways our teams can deliver value. Our sales teams work with customers who support the delivery of infrastructure projects. Many of our customers include businesses who:
- Manufacture products themselves using steel and aluminium supplied by us. Their locally manufactured components form part of overall infrastructure project requirements.
- Fabricate material and products which are used to deliver some of Australia’s largest infrastructure, commercial and heavy construction projects
Our team has experience in large-scale projects, and we recognise having continuity of supply, continuous communication from design to project completion and traceability of material is vital when delivering on large infrastructure projects. As part of the BlueScope group of companies, we can supply a full suite of steel and aluminium products and investigate options with the BlueScope mill to produce specially designed steel grades outside our standard range. We can offer several third-party certification options as well as non-standard test requirements. Backed by our commitment to quality, we help reduce compliance risk through our ISO 9001 quality management system accreditation – providing assurance for your business.
With BlueScope Distribution, you have access to a wide range of steel and aluminium products. These include products manufactured by BlueScope, such as steel plate products XLERPLATE® steel, TRU-SPEC® steel and REDCOR® steel. We also supply structural steels such as welded beams, columns, RHS steel, SHS steel and tube, and steel sheet and coil products such as COLORBOND® steel and GALVABOND® steel.
To complement our steel range our teams can also offer a full range of sheet, coil, plate and extruded aluminium products. Our BlueScope Distribution teams work closely with our supply network to provide an optimised supply chain solution for our customers. We work closely with our customers to understand their project timelines, enabling us to best manage the end to end supply chain.
Delivering your products in the form you need them is just part of the value our BlueScope Distribution teams deliver. We can process steel plate and aluminium with our in-house capability, and provide one easy point of contact for your end-to-end supply chain solution.
It’s this combined capability that makes us a single source product, processing and solutions provider. Through our national network, no project is too big, too remote or too complex. Our team are experienced with coordinating multiple processing and delivery needs for our customers’ projects. Our range of value-add processing services include cutting, drilling, bevelling, blasting, priming and router cutting.
See our processing page for more details.
At BlueScope Distribution, we work to be a supply partner for our customers, providing surety and ease of business. Our teams are knowledgeable and experienced, and can access a range of technical support services to help you get your project finished.
Our team are especially skilled in easing the challenges of managing minimum order quantity requirements that come with dealing mill-direct, removing complexity from your supply-chain. Our teams can also assist customers with a range of added solutions that further support our customers to find the freedom to do what they do best. These solutions include:
- Consignment stock
- End to end supply chain management
- Strategic sourcing
- Single source steel and aluminium supply
- Steel efficiency reviews
See our solutions page for more details.
Critical to large building and infrastructure developments is access to quality steel products, such as XLERPLATE® steel and TRU-SPEC ® steel. Our infrastructure customers can access the following key product and service offerings from their local BlueScope Distribution team:
- Quality Accredited Steel Products – Our ISO 9001 quality management system provides assurance. We understand the importance of material traceability and can provide test certificates to match our steel and aluminium products, providing peace of mind and consistent high quality.
- Processed Products and Parts – We work with our infrastructure customers to provide confidence in our processed products and parts. This in turn allows our customers to free up warehouse space and utilise their workforce in adding value down the line.
- Supply Chain Management – Managing multiple jobs and projects can be complex, as well as time and resource consuming, requiring specific skill-sets and experience. BlueScope Distribution provides expertise in stock management, supply chain efficiency and inventory optimisation programs. This allows your business to reduce working capital with the peace of mind of stock availability.
- Leverage Brand Awareness – We partner with your business to ensure a long-lasting relationship built on trust. Leveraging our brands, BlueScope Distribution will support your business to grow. We work with you to further promote your products and services into new and existing markets.