Transport & automotive
BlueScope Distribution is a recognised steel and aluminium distributor, servicing Australia’s transport and automotive customers with quality products, processing and solutions. Our customers typically use our steel and aluminium as part of their own manufacturing or fabricating processes. Our customers include business who manufacture truck and automotive components, trailers, leisure and recreational vehicle manufacturing including toolboxes, trays and canopies, caravans, and heavy earth moving equipment. Some examples of the products our customers produce include:
- Truck bodies – freight, livestock, mining, dump-truck, food, fuel & chemical
- Automotive parts & components
- Ute bodies & trays
- Leisure vehicles – camper trailers & caravans
- Boating – trailers & boat kits
What sets us apart is our ability to provide customers with:
Steel and Aluminium products including a comprehensive range of hot rolled, cold rolled and metallic coated steel products designed specifically for the transport and automotive industry (all produced by the BlueScope mill). We also carry a comprehensive range of aluminium sheet, coil, plate and extrusion, which enables customers to consolidate their purchasing and gives customers the freedom to focus on what they do best.
With our team, your business can access:
- XLERPLATE® steel
- TRU-SPEC® steel
- XTRAFORM® steel
- Bisalloy Steels Quenched and Tempered Plate
- Aluminium products including sheet, plate and extrusions
- Pipe and tube
Our processing solutions enable us to cut both steel and aluminium down to size or per the drawing specifications provided by our customers. We also work with customers where customised grades of steel are required or a special aluminium extrusion needs to be developed.
Our team is experienced with coordinating multiple processing and delivery needs for a wide range of steel and aluminium products. Our customers manufacturing truck bodies and automotive components can access a wide range of processing services including cutting, drilling, bevelling, blasting, priming and router cutting.
Our solutions include our ability to meet project milestones by managing the end to end supply chain of material, processing and co-ordination, providing technical product support, certification and material traceability. These solutions are all key to how our teams work to project manage and deliver value for our customers. .
The transport and automotive sectors that we support include:
- All on-highway truck manufacturing
- All trailer manufacturing including transport, automotive and marine
- Leisure and recreational manufacturing including trays, canopy, toolbox and many others
- Caravan manufacturing
- Heavy vehicle and earth moving equipment using our quench and tempered plate.
Request a callback