Aluminium from BlueScope Distribution
BlueScope Distribution is a single source product, processing and solutions provider of steel and aluminium products.
Our network of national BlueScope Distribution sites provides customers with ease of accessibility to a comprehensive range of aluminium products. This includes aluminium sheet, aluminium coil, aluminium plate and aluminium extrusions.
Our aluminium products are available in a range of alloys and tempers to suit almost any application. In addition to our range of aluminium products, we also provide our customers with aluminium processing capability, which enables us to cut your aluminium down to size or router cut into any shape specified.
Our processing services range from router cutting to laser cutting, as well as PE coating and 3D prototyping for extrusion dies, marking, drilling, shearing and blanking, slitting, sawing and guillotining of both plate and sheet aluminium.
Customers choose to work with aluminium because of its many advantages including that it is lightweight, strong, and generally resistant to corrosion. In addition to being formable and relatively easy to weld, it is readily available and 95% recyclable.
Our comprehensive range of aluminium solutions include sheet, coil, plate and extrusions, which come in a range of alloys including but not limited to Alloy 6063 & 6060, Alloy 6061, Alloy 6005A, Alloy 6106, Alloy 6082, Alloy 5005, Alloy 5052/5251, Alloy 5083.
Aluminium coil, sheet, plate, treadplate and profiled plate products
BlueScope Distribution can source an extensive range of coil, sheet, plate, treadplate and profiled sheet products in a variety of alloy and temper combinations as well as colour coated, PVC coated and bright finishes.These products are also suited for general engineering and fabrication applications as well as marine, transport, automotive, building and other more specific industry uses.
- Grade 5005 H34 Sheet: A general purpose alloy, suitable for a range of sheet metal applications.
- Grade 5052 H32 Sheet: Used in marine applications, sheet metal work and appliances.
- Grade 5083 H321 Plate: Used in high strength structural applications, sheet and plate for welded marine applications and road transport vehicles.
- Grade 5052 0 (5 Bar) Plate Aluminium Treadplates: A wide variety of diverse applications, including step treads, shop floors, marine foot traffic, decorative bar fronts.
Aluminium extrusion products
BlueScope Distribution can source a comprehensive range of geometric and exclusive extrusion shapes in a variety of alloy & temper combinations and coloured finishes. These products are well suited for general engineering and fabrication applications as well as marine, transport, automotive, building and other more specific industry uses. These products are available in a variety of profiles, including flat bars, angles, rounds & tubes, squares and channels.
BlueScope Distribution is a national provider of steel and aluminium solutions. With a network of branches across Australia, we provide customers the ease of purchasing all of their steel and aluminium products from one supplier.
In addition to our comprehensive range of aluminium products, we also have extensive aluminium processing capability which enables us to cut the aluminium down to size or into any shape required by our customers. Our processing capability includes:
- In-house aluminium routing, which enables us to cut aluminium down to size. This capability also allows us to drill and etch (otherwise known as mark) the product which helps with material use, assembly, and identification.
- Aluminium laser cutting, which we can arrange depending on customer needs.
- In-house aluminium slitting and shearing, which enables us to cut aluminium coil down to either custom sizes, sheet sizes or slits.
- PE application, which adds a protective layer to protect the aluminium during transportation, as well as processing.
To learn more about our range of steel processing services, please visit our processing page.
BlueScope Distribution is recognised for our ability to tailor our solutions to include all aspects of an end to end supply chain solution – from sourcing material, to processing, managing procurements and delivery timelines, to co-ordinating just in time delivery.
We also provide customers with added solutions including the ability to kit material for ease of assembly. This is particularly valuable for marine and transport customers and the service is also available to all other customers who see benefit in a kitted solution. A kitting means your pre-cut aluminium arrives already consolidated in sections, marked and ready for assembling the material and turning it into end user products. Additional services include consignment stock management, project management services for significant projects which require end to end supply chain management, and sourcing of custom aluminium materials and grades.
Request a callback